Gutshaus & Kunstscheune Vaschvitz - located directly on the Bodden, the combination of art and nature succeeds here.
In 1250, the village of Vaschvitz, which lies directly on the Rassower Stream, is mentioned for the first time in a confirmation document as "Wasscheriuz". Over the centuries, the owners changed until the farm passed to the von Platen family in 1743 and became a side farm of the Granskewitz estate. During the Second World War it was a place of refuge and a stopover for refugees, but the land reform divided the estate into many parts and lack of maintenance later left it to decay. From the middle of the nineties, a Berlin family started the restoration. The classicist manor house with administrative and farm buildings, built at the end of the 18th century, was renovated in consultation with the preservation of historical monuments. The former stable building was transformed into a space where concerts, readings and exhibitions can take place: the Kunstscheune Vaschvitz. The repertoire of the artists ranges from baroque music to jazz and musical music. In addition to international guests, artists from the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Festival as well as young talents from the Rügen Music School find a podium for their skills here. Since 2011, events have been held here in cooperation with the Rügen Cultural Foundation.