The historic chalk bridge Wiek - landmark of the municipality and as "floating promenade" new, attractive excursion destination on the peninsula Wittow.
The chalk bridge is located directly in the redeveloped harbor area of Wiek, between the south and north harbors, and has a formative effect on the entire harbor and townscape. The bridge, which is about 130 meters long and four and a half meters wide, was built in 1914 as a loading ramp for bulk goods, in particular chalk, and was one of the first monolithic reinforced concrete structures in the Baltic region to enable transfer from rail to ship. Due to the First World War, it was never put into operation in the intended manner, despite its completion. The Wiek Chalk Bridge has become a floating promenade that can be walked on and offers a magnificent view. The bridge is a testimony to the past and has now become a modern tourist attraction. Rügen, but especially the municipality of Wiek, has become richer by an excursion destination.