St. Catherine's Church in Trent is a church building of the 14th century and because of its location it is also called the "wayside church".
Trent, first mentioned in 1311, is located at a fork in one of the three old Rügen country roads and the church is one of the brick Gothic buildings. The oldest part of today's church is the choir room from around 1400. The nave was built at the end of the 15th century as an imposing three-nave hall, probably by the same builder's workshop that was also active at St. Marien Stralsund and St. Jakob Gingst. Apart from the pulpit in the style of the late Renaissance, the uniform Baroque furnishings (altar, baptismal font, confessional), which were created in 1752-1754 by the Stralsund sculptor Michael Müller, predominate. Grave slabs and epitaphs refer to the close relations to the patronage family von Platen.
Church services are held here fortnightly at 9:00 am. A special tradition are the concerts during the concert summer in July and August, usually on Sundays or/and Wednesdays. Visits are possible from May to October according to the notice board or by appointment, and guided tours of the church are possible after the service.