The Altenhagen manor house is an architectural peculiarity in the region.
Altenhagen Castle meets its guests with peace and coziness. Enjoy the small details, the art and the nature in the surroundings. Here you can feel at home and relax all around.
The vacation apartments are tastefully decorated in a mixture of antique pieces, art and modern style elements. The booking of the complete house for festivities is possible on request.
Altenhagen Castle's history dates back to about 1850. It is assumed that it was built on the foundation walls of a previous building. Stylistic elements from the Neo-Gothic period are still clearly visible in the house and on the exterior facade. It is documented that the Altenhagen feudal estate became an allodial estate in 1847. Ferdinand Stoltenfoth is identified as the first owner. It remained in the possession of the family until 1882, when the Swiss Count Maximilian von Polier, who acquired Mecklenburg Swiss citizenship, bought the estate. The family owned the estate until 1945. After that, it was owned by the municipality and was used in very different ways, such as refugee accommodation after the war, and later as a kindergarten and municipal office.
In 2012, Altenhagen Castle was acquired by the current owner, Mirko Grunewald, from the municipality. After the acquisition, the loving renovation of the building began under ecological aspects with natural paints and natural building materials. Care was taken to restore or preserve the original condition. The renovation & restoration is done by the owner of the house himself.