The fieldstone church, built around 1300 as a fortified church, is one of the oldest in the Müritz region.
The church was built as a fortified church mostly from field stones around 1300. About 100 years later the sacristy and the northern porch were added. It was not until 1984 that a precious mural from the 15th century was discovered, which was uncovered and restored from 2012 - 2014. The wooden carved altar, which shows a crescent moon Madonna surrounded by angels and eight saints, also dates from around 1500. In the 18th century, the tower was added in half-timbered construction.