observatory-new-format, © Tobias Kramer
Parks and Gardens, Historical Buildings

The Remplin Observatory is the oldest preserved observatory building in Mecklenburg. It is located in the castle park of Remplin. The observatory was built in 1793 by Friedrich II von Hahn and used as an observatory until 1805. The telescopes were among the largest in Europe at the time.

The oldest preserved observatory building in Mecklenburg is located in the approximately 33-hectare Baroque park of the former Remplin estate and castle. In 1793, Friedrich II Count von Hahn had his garden house converted into an observatory. Around 1800, the tower, which is still largely preserved, was built. The final revolving dome was a new type of construction and the applied instruments brought the observatory international attention at that time.

Duke Georg von Mecklenburg-Strelitz commissioned Peter Joseph Lenné to redesign the park after its purchase in the 19th century. Today, in addition to the 18th-century trees, the church and the Baroque gate tower are preserved. The castle fell victim to a fire in 1940. The observatory tower in the north of the park has been lovingly restored for many years. The observatory can be visited on the Open Monument Day.

 

Picture gallery

Good to know

Contact

Schlosspark Remplin

17139 Remplin


http://www.sternwarte-remplin-ev.de/
Arrival

Your destination:
Schlosspark Remplin
17139 Remplin



Relaxed from door to door:

Plan your journey by public transport here.

Route planner:

Plan your journey by car here.

What's nearby?

To the map
Exterior view Ulrichshusen Castle in spring, © Kathleen Stutz

Ulrichshusen Castle

  • Seestraße, 17194 Ulrichshusen

The Hotel Schloss Ulrichshusen, beautifully situated on its own lake, is ideally suited for weddings, conferences, seminars and events of all kinds with its large ballroom. Here also beats the heart of the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Festival with many concerts and renowned artists in summer and Advent.

Read more: "Ulrichshusen Castle"
© Klax

Klax Nature and Environment Camp

  • Feldweg, 17194 Klocksin

Between Lake Malchin, Lake Kölpin and the Müritz, in the midst of beautiful old Mecklenburg villages stretches a wide, breathtaking landscape with lots of water, forest and meadows - the ideal place for unforgettable nature experiences!

Read more: "Klax Nature and Environment Camp"
© TMV/D. Gohlke

Manor smithy and manor bakery in Teschow

  • Freely accessible at any time
  • Gutshofallee, 17166 Teterow / Teschow

The old forge and the bakehouse are parts of the former estate, which was owned by the von Blücher family from 1835 to 1945.

Read more: "Manor smithy and manor bakery in Teschow"
© Schlosshotel Burg Schlitz/Petra Stüning Photografie

Castle Hotel Schlitz Castle

  • Burg Schlitz, 17166 Hohen Demzin

"The place where the soul grows wings". The ideal place for all people who love the good and fine life in the countryside. A paradise for horses and riders.

Read more: "Castle Hotel Schlitz Castle"
© Seeschloss Schorssow

Lake castle Schorssow

  • Am Haussee, 17166 Schorssow

In the land of hills and old trees, nestled in the nature park Mecklenburg Switzerland, lies the lake castle Schorssow directly on the idyllic Haussee. The English landscape park, which appears like an island between the lake and the brooks, creates a pleasant tranquility.

Read more: "Lake castle Schorssow"
The Liepen moated castle and the servants' quarters can be reached from the park via a small wooden bridge., © Burmeister

Liepen moated castle

  • Liepen, 17139 Liepen

Liepen moated castle is located on an island surrounded by an idyllic park. It was built in the 15th century by the Count Hahn family, who live here again today. The medieval vaulted cellar belongs to the oldest part of the castle complex and can be visited

Read more: "Liepen moated castle"
© Jana Koch

Mill district Teterow

  • Freely accessible at any time
  • Mühlenstraße, 17166 Teterow

Historic ensemble of old town mill, mill pond and old fire engine house.

Read more: "Mill district Teterow"
The baroque half-timbered parsonage in Rambow, © Silke Voss

Rambow parsonage

  • Kirchstraße, 17194 Rambow

Picking from a hammock of golden parmains, cox orange and jonathan? Sounds like paradise and it is, because it is possible in the Rambow parish garden. Retired pastor Eckart Hübener invites guests to stay in the associated baroque half-timbered parsonage.

Read more: "Rambow parsonage"
Kummerow Castle - the south facade, © Alexander Rudolph

Kummerow Castle

  • Am Schloss, 17139 Kummerow

The baroque palace on the shores of Lake Kummerow was renovated to the highest standards of historic preservation. The castle houses a private collection of modern art with a focus on international photography.

Read more: "Kummerow Castle"
© TMV/Gohlke

Schlitz Castle Landscape Park

  • Burg Schlitz, 17166 Hohen Demzin

The 180ha English landscape park surrounding Schlitz Castle was designed by the owner himself, Count Hans von Schlitz.

Read more: "Schlitz Castle Landscape Park"
© Jana Koch

Marketplace Teterow

  • Freely accessible at any time
  • Am Markt, 17166 Teterow

Geographically, Teterow is the center of the state of Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The center is marked by a cast-iron relief plate created by the artist Günter Kaden from Wendischhagen on the market square.

Read more: "Marketplace Teterow"
© Jana Koch

Schulkamp plant Teterow

  • Freely accessible at any time
  • Schulkamp, 17166 Teterow

On the area of today's Schulkamp there were fields and gardens until the 19th century. They belonged to the endowment of the Fiedler school foundation (Felix Fiedler 1661-1705 pastor in Teterow) and were leased to the town. The lease income was used to support poor pupils.

Read more: "Schulkamp plant Teterow"
© Jana Koch

Memorial Teterow

  • Freely accessible at any time
  • Zum Ehrenmal, 17166 Teterow

Simple, true and personal memorial to 300 members of the Teterow parish who died in World War 1.

Read more: "Memorial Teterow"
© TMV/Gohlke

Bristow village church

  • Dörpstrat, 17166 Schorssow

As one of the earliest Protestant churches and the oldest Protestant village church in Mecklenburg, the Renaissance church in Bristow is of outstanding importance for the cultural history of the region.

Read more: "Bristow village church"
© Jana Koch

Restaurant City Mill Teterow

  • Temporarily closed
  • Mühlenstraße, 17166 Teterow

Lucullan delights in unique mill ambience

Read more: "Restaurant City Mill Teterow"
to the list

Content is loaded