The Youth Temple in the southern palace garden, rebuilt in 2014, is a romantic vantage point. From here you can enjoy beautiful views of the Lazy Lake, the Greenhouse Garden and the Alexandrine Monument, as well as the Schwerin Palace Garden.
The Schwerin Palace Garden is one of the most beautiful historical parks in northern Germany. In its baroque part, it was completely restored for the BUGA in 2009. In the southern landscaped part, influenced by the garden fashion of the 19th century, a pavilion originally stood on the Tempelberg, for which the name "Temple of Youth" became naturalized in the course of time. There were several temple buildings one fell victim to a violent storm, twice the temple was rebuilt due to dilapidation. The last temple was demolished in 1964. Since then, "splendor and ornament" were missing in the Schwerin Palace Garden.
Since 2014, the temple has been standing again as it was supposed to have looked in 1821 according to the surviving plans of master builder Johan Georg Barca. This was made possible by donations. Joyful and sad occasions have been used by citizens of the city of Schwerin and the surrounding area to make the temple idea a reality.
The rebuilt Youth Temple in the palace garden will enhance the entire southern park area, with the Hippodrome and the Hedge Garden, as a romantic meeting place with magnificent views of the Lazy Lake and the Greenhouse Garden.