The Jugendwaldheim Steinmühle is the educational center of the Müritz National Park. It is located about 20 km southeast of Neustrelitz in the middle of the Serrahn beech forests and between quiet lakes and moors. It offers children, young people and adults the place and time to get involved with nature.
The Steinmühle Youth Forest Home wants to inspire young people in particular for nature and wilderness. They should experience nature up close and observe and investigate biological diversity themselves. The focus of interest is on the dynamics in natural habitats and our role as humans. The project also encourages initiative, creativity and the ability to make decisions as a team. The goal is for children and young people to learn to value unaffected nature and preserve it for their future.
- Implementation of project weeks for school classes, children and youth groups with overnight stay and full board).
- Topics: Müritz National Park, habitats forest, lake, moor; World Heritage Site Ancient Beech Forests Serrahn, neobiota, save paper - preserve primeval forest or projects in consultation with the group.
- Realization of advanced trainings for teachers, students and other adult groups with the focus on: Müritz National Park, Biological Diversity, World Natural Heritage, Environmental Education in Müritz National Park
- Provision of premises and overnight accommodation for seminars, workshops, set-up times (groups up to 30 persons)
- Development of new, interesting project ideas