One of the most important landmarks of the residential town of Neustrelitz. From the viewing platform you can enjoy the most beautiful view over Neustrelitz and the surrounding area.
Together with the town hall, the town church characterizes the market square with its eight-pointed street star, which was laid out in 1733. The church was built in 1768-1778 according to the plans of the court physician Johann Christian Verpoorten as an initially unplastered, rectangular hall building with galleries running around the inside. Master builder Friedrich Wilhelm Buttel added the 52-meter-high tower and the exterior plaster in 1828-1831. Since 1856, the baroque altar has carried a copy of Raphael's painting "Crucifixion of Christ" made by Grand Duchess Marie. The organ is one of the few Grüneberg organs in the region. It was built by the famous organ building company from Szczecin and consecrated in 1893.
The town church invites visitors to worship services, events during the church year and concerts, including the annual Grüneberg Organ Summer. During the summer months it is open for sightseeing during the day. Climbing the tower to the viewing platform at a height of 45 meters is possible and is also offered as part of guided tours of the city. It is worth climbing the 203 steps!