One of the oldest zoos in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern - rustic habitat for 450 animals!
Go on a unique journey of discovery in the Neustrelitz zoo. The zoo is one of the oldest zoos in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. Even before the founding of the royal seat, a game reserve was established in 1721 near the Zierker See lake as a ducal hunting ground. The largely natural terrain around the grand ducal castle was used exclusively for keeping fallow deer.
Today, the entrance to the zoo is located in the immediate vicinity of the city center. At present, about 450 animals from 40 different species cavort on the beautiful grounds with a rustic tree population. On a tour, you can experience the habitats up close in spacious animal enclosures. You can visit the peaceful Barbary macaques, mouflons, fallow deer and pygmy goats in their enclosures. The offer for visitors includes show feedings, guided tours and pony rides. Younger visitors enjoy pure excitement at the adventure playground with swings, water games, climbing frames, sand digger and zip line. The zoo not only has picnic facilities, but also offers an original barbecue and fire pit for smaller occasions, such as birthdays or school enrollments. Special highlights throughout the year include the Easter Egg Hunt, Children's Day Festival, Halloween Party and Tiergartenweihnacht.
It's worth taking a look!
- 09:00 - 16:00 from November to March
- 09:00 - 17:00 in April and October
- 09:00 - 18:00 in May and September
- 09:00 - 19:00 from June to August
- There are two marked parking spaces for people with disabilities (parking space size: 220 cm x 400 cm).
- The path from the parking lot to the entrance is 350 m long. It is easy to walk and drive on and has a maximum longitudinal slope of 5% over a distance of 2 meters.
- The Neustrelitz train/bus station is 550 m away. The path is easy to walk and drive on and has a maximum longitudinal gradient of 6% over a distance of 10 meters.
- The zoo is accessible without steps and has seating.
- The main paths are at least 200 cm wide and mostly easy to walk and drive on, they have maximum longitudinal slopes of up to 8%.
- There is a public toilet for people with disabilities in the ticket office area.
- Guided tours are offered for people with walking, visual and cognitive disabilities. Advance booking is necessary.