The motorsport tradition in Ticino began already in 1962
In the years 1962 to 1964, activities such as grass track sand track and motocross were already carried out by motor sport friends from Tessin. During this time the "Echoberg" became the race track of the MC "Dynamo Rostock Ost".
With the social, political change in Germany also the club life in Selpin changed. In 1990 the MC "Goldener Traktor" Selpin became the MCC Tessin e.V..
The name of the club changed, the club building in Selpin was transferred back to the old owners and the motocross race track at the "Echoberg" was leased from the church community Vilz.
The reconstruction of the race track to modern racing technology and the needs of spectators and drivers was carried out. The environmental protection requirements of the STAUN were brought about and are adhered to at all times.
The declared goal of the club is still and will continue to be the work with young people in motor sports. In the future, we would like to be the organizer of events that host the German Moto-Cross Cup or even hold a German championship. The dress rehearsals for this have already been successfully passed in recent years in the 4 ha motocross facility.
Since 1991 national championships in all classes have been held at the "Echoberg".
The race track
- has a total length of 1450 m.
- Simultaneous driving on the race track is designed and permitted for 40 solo machines or 30 teams/quads in competition.
- The use of the track is at your own risk.
- Under the supervision of the club board, the use of the racetrack is possible during the training time It requires a supervisor and a motor sport accident insurance.
- 2500 spectator seats
Children's cross-country track
- The newly designed children's cross-country track in the inner ring of the upper spectator area has a length of approx. 200 m and is
- is designed for bicycles as well as for small motorcycles up to 50 cc.
- The use of the children's cross-country track is only possible under the supervision of a parent or guardian.
- Training hours during the summer season are: Saturday from 13.00 - 18.00,
- Wednesday: 16.00 - 18.00 Training is possible only by arrangement