Discover interesting facts about the history of medicinal plants in the Himmelpfort monastery herb garden.
The Garden of the Senses was created in 1997 and offers a rich selection of rare spice and tea plants, culinary herbs and magic plants. Fragrances, touch boxes, willow tunnels and an insect hotel invite visitors to explore. Just like the herb store or the adventure playground.
The herb store offers a wide range of products:
- Fresh herbs
- herb plants
- Herbal schnapps and liqueurs
- Herbal vinegars
- Lavender sachets
- Jam, syrup, honey, mustard, dip
- Freshly squeezed quince juice in 1 liter bottles
From seed onwards, all our herbs, flowers and plants are cultivated with great care and love. After the harvest, we process and produce everything ourselves.
- Admission is free for all visitors.
- Guided tours are offered for groups of 4 or more at a price of €4.00 per person and must be booked in advance.
- The herb garden is also very interesting and educational for children and school classes.