. . . the park in Rensow is over three hundred years old.
The origin of the complex lies in the former Wendish fortification from the 9th century, which formed the core of the later Rensow estate.
The park was initially designed as a baroque complex to the south of the manor house, and in the 19th century it was transformed into a landscape park based on the English model. The structure of this park is still recognizable.
- One can still find trees typical of a 19th century park such as Douglas fir, sycamore maple, American red oak, and red and hornbeam, as well as trees from the Baroque period such as remnants of an old linden tree, a beech tree over 300 years old, and an oak tree perhaps 600 years old.
- On the northern border of the park is the cemetery of the estate.
- Small water bodies, as well as the original weir in the form of a closed moat are recognizable in parts, but only the so-called "Börnung" in the northwest has been preserved as part of the old moat.
- In the center still stands the manor house, which was built around 1690 on older, medieval cellars. This forms the core of the old estate.
Further future measures are not aimed at a reconstruction of the park, but primarily at making the underlying plans recognizable.
The park in Rensow is open to the public and has a very nice circular path. A map is available on site in the manor house.