Brick church built in the 13th century on the highest point of the village by Westphalian farmers who settled at the Sülz salt springs.
Bad Sülze received its town charter between 1255 and 1262. The first news of the church at Sülze dates from 1276. According to this, this church was built in the middle of the 13th century as a brick church in the Gothic style in competition with the town church in Marlow, which was built around the same time. According to Schlie, the choir could already date from the end of the 12th century. The square west tower, which is slightly recessed into the nave, was probably not built until the 15th century. The spire was destroyed by fire in 1770. The burning top penetrated the roof of the nave, but remained on the vault. It was not until 1892 that the tower received a new, rectilinear, neo-Gothic spire. In the Middle Ages, the church belonged to the Rostock archdeaconry and was continuously under sovereign patronage.
The town church has a longitudinal nave with two square bays with late Gothic star vaults. The rich forms were influenced by the Westphalian school of architecture. In the rectangular, indented choir, the late Gothic domed vault with its eight ribs with the ring-shaped keystone is still preserved. The ribs are taken up on the exterior walls by corner pilasters. The east side with its rising round-arched frieze is finished by a beautiful pediment. The differently staggered triple window groups have a rich articulation with the inner and outer round bars. On the north side there is a beautiful recessed portal crowned with three Gothic lashings. Noteworthy is the altar that replaced the one destroyed in the fire of 1770.
Keys available in the parish office or in the "Cafe Wunderbar" for visits.