Anyone coming to Hagenow from the direction of Schwerin will see the municipal water tower of Hagenow from afar. It supplied the inhabitants with drinking water until the 1970s, when it was decommissioned. After reconstruction in the 1990s, it is now used as a residential and commercial building.
Just outside the town of Hagenow, the municipal water tower is located on a small hill. The 28-meter-high tower was built in 1905 to 1908 in the historic architectural style as a brick structure with a slate-covered roof. Particularly striking are the pointed-arched windows, reminiscent of Gothic architectural forms, while the masonry enclosing the tank was built in half-timbered construction with a steel structure.
Today, the round clinker brick building is a technical monument and at the same time a landmark of the town of Hagenow. Another water tower is located near the Hagenow Land train station, in Friedrich-List-Strasse. As a listed building, this one is also worth a visit.