The village church Schlemmin is a 13th century village church in the municipality of Ahrenshagen-Daskow in Western Pomerania.
The construction of the Schlemmin church began in the 13th century with brick. It was not until the 15th century that construction continued with fieldstone and the tower was erected. This is supported by what is relatively easy to recognize: at some point the nave was doubled in length. The obviously older part is the one on the right, which is built in brick. The "Gothic" windows are ingredient of the renovation of 1878, but still beautiful. The characteristic gable of the east wall has a double cross (Lorraine cross). When and why it was placed here is unclear. Below, one can see altered windows. Many churches in the area were built from east to west.
The choir wall is usually one of the oldest parts of the churches. On the northern side there is an attached sacristy, which, like the southern extension, most likely dates from 1878. Its complete interior, pews, pulpit, altar and wooden box ceiling date from 1878. Schlemmin was the ancestral seat of the von Thun family, most recently of the von Stolberg-Wernigerode family by marriage. In its present form, the church was rededicated in 1878 after basic repairs.
Due to its idyllic location and walking distance to Schlemmin Castle, the small village church is often requested for church weddings.