The smallest half-timbered church in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. Inside, historical paintings in the style of rural baroque painting show significant events in church history.
The church on the village green in Peckatel is today considered the smallest half-timbered church in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania. It is true that a chapel for baptisms and funerals was already built around 1300 in the course of the development of the village. However, the church in its present form was not built until around 1696, after its predecessor had been destroyed during the Thirty Years' War. In 1718, the interior with pews, altar, pulpit with stairs and confessional took shape, so that from 1786 services with communion were held on penitential and prayer days. It was not until 1971 that the building, including the foundation, was extensively renovated, and in 1995 an electric seat heating system was installed. Since 1996, the congregation of Plate has also held main services in the Peckatel village church. Historic pictorial works inside the building, depicting significant events in the church's history in the style of rural baroque painting, and other objects of the interior decoration were extensively restored in 2006. The next project for the preservation of the church is the repair of the roof.