The town church of St. Nikolai in Grevesmühlen is originally a brick church of the transitional style from Romanesque to Gothic, which has been heavily remodeled over the centuries.
The church was built around the middle of the 13th century. The tower of the early Gothic hall church was originally 92 meters high. After a fire, the top was replaced by a gable roof. Instead of an altar and a pulpit, a baptismal fountain from 1230 fills the space, which impresses with its breadth and powerful forms and whose design reveals Westphalian influence. To visit the church, please contact the parish office.