In 1763, the Hamburg merchant Philipp Heinrich Stenglin had the two-story brick Plüschow Castle built between Wismar and Lübeck. Today the castle is used for many cultural events and invites especially art lovers.
The rococo stucco ceilings still bear witness to the once rich furnishings. Today the castle is an artists' residence, enlivened by the work of the Förderkreis Schloss Plüschow e. V., founded in 1990. The castle houses six guest studios, a printing workshop and a library. Throughout the year there are various exhibitions and cultural events, ranging from tango evenings to classical concerts and readings.