St. Lawrence Church is a church from the 14th century. Before 1370 it was a pilgrimage church, because it had a "miraculous" image of Mary.
The southernmost church of Rügen, located on the Zudar peninsula, is a simple Gothic church with a round triumphal arch and low vaulting, uniformly built in the nave and chancel. This took place structurally somewhat later than the construction of the outer walls in the middle of the 14th century, because it does not quite correspond to the window seat. The church was mentioned in documents as early as 1318. Before 1370 the church was the destination of many pilgrimages. A miraculous image of the Virgin Mary made the church a widely known place of pilgrimage. A trip to Zudar had as much value in northern Germany as a pilgrimage to Rome. After a pilgrim ship capsized in the Sound on its way to Zudar in 1372, there came "a wedder und groth storm", and all the pilgrims drowned, the pilgrimages stopped. Since then, people no longer believed that miraculous power emanated from Zudar. A church service is held every 2nd Sunday at 14.00. Summer music concerts are held here regularly.