The Sellin pier leads almost 400 meters out to sea. Since 1998, the dream castle by the sea has once again become a landmark of the Island of Rügen. Whether in the light-flooded palm garden, which extends over two floors, or the imperial pavilion reminiscent of the twenties, you always enjoy the free view of the sea and the beach, surrounded by an eventful gastronomic ambience.
In 1906 the first sea bridge was built in Sellin with a length of 508 meters. In July 1920 a restaurant located on the bridgehead burned down. In the winter of 1924 the pack ice tore away the landing stage from the entrance hall to the bridgehead of the former sea bridge. As a result, a new pier was built, but it too fell victim to the drift ice in the winter of 1941/42. In 1992, the foundation stone was laid for the new construction of the pier, the old and new landmark of Sellin. In 1998 the two-story T-shaped building was rebuilt. The pier has a total length of 393 m.