The Mönchgraben is a medieval land fortification in Baabe on the island of Rügen, which demarcated the Mönchgut peninsula from Rügen.
In documents from 1276 and 1295 a fortification is mentioned for the first time as the northern border of the land Reddevitz to Rügen, which bears the name "Mönchgraben". The fortification was originally about 1.5 kilometers long, consisted of a rampart and a ditch and ran from Lake Sellin in an easterly direction probably to the Baltic Sea. While in the western section the rampart and the ditch are still preserved today, in the area to the Baltic Sea a course is no longer recognizable. The still preserved rampart is about two to three meters high and five to seven meters wide. The ditch has a width of about two meters. The only crossing point from Rügen to the Mönchgut was located where even today the federal road 196 crosses the ditch. At this place today there is a gate symbolizing the access to the Mönchgut.