Who wants to spend a real vacation to relax and rest, is with us, away from noise and hustle and bustle, in idyllic forest and lake location, at the right address.
Alt Sammit Castle is located in the heart of the Mecklenburg Lake District in a charming location at the Nossentiner/Schwinzer Heath Nature Park with large forest areas and enchanting forest lakes. The castle, built in 1674 with the associated stables and servants' quarters, has been lovingly renovated and since 2007 has been home to eight vacation apartments with elevator access and a conference center.
The beautiful landscape offers numerous opportunities for recreation:
- Extensive hikes through forests, which are very primeval in many places.
- Cycling tours to the smaller and larger towns in the area.
- Fishing at the castle's own lake.
- Bathing and relaxing at one of the hidden forest lakes and quiet bathing places.
- Horseback riding and carriage driving with your own horse on signposted trails.
- Connection to the network of trails of the region "Rider-friendly Goldberg-Mildenitz
- riding vacation with the partner the stud farm Ganschow with its outpost Alt Sammit
- Hunting in state forests
- Enjoyment in the castle distillery
- Mushroom picking in autumn
We are also happy to advise you about the cultural landscape, such as castles, museums, theaters and special festive highlights in the area. There is always something going on in the neighboring towns and cities in the region. Excursions to Krakow am See, Güstrow or Rostock are the perfect combination of recreation and cultural education. Due to the central location of Alt-Sammit, within Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, tours to the State capital Schwerin, to the Baltic Sea, to the Island of Rügen or to Neubrandenburg are also possible in no time.
The castle Alt Sammit offers you cozy, comfortably furnished vacation apartments with living room and bedroom, bathroom with shower and toilet, small kitchen and TV.