A listed ensemble of buildings is the Krakow marketplace, consisting of the town hall, the town church and mostly town houses of the 18th and 19th centuries.
The town hall was built in 1875 in neo-Gothic style. The old town hall with district court, which was previously located at the same site, and the neighboring former schoolhouse burned down in 1872.
The present town hall was handed over to the citizens of the town and the district administration on 15.09.2000 after extensive building measures. 5 prison cells are located in the attic, which were still in use until 1920 and today serve as archives. Directly opposite the town hall is the fountain with a water-spouting fish, which was inaugurated on 08.06.1995.
The market square has been the center of the town at all times and has been and still is a place of many cultural events. Among others, there was a big folk festival on 30.04.1884 on the occasion of the dam handover at the Wadehäng, in 1912 a shooting match and in 1924 a fire department drill with a parade. The tradition continues today with the handing over of the keys and the parade to the Krakow Masked Ball and the town festival on the first weekend in June.