The manor house in Garvensdorf was built in the 19th century.
The Garvensdorf manor house has experienced an eventful history since it was built around 1830 in the original classicist style. The owners changed frequently and with them the face of the house depending on the taste of the time and material possibilities, whether neo-Gothic turrets, GDR concrete plaster or solar collectors. After the expropriation of the last landowner von Platen in 1945, the house housed refugees and later the kindergarten, the country doctor, the municipal administration; a cinema and cultural hall was established. After 1989 it stood empty. Now it is run by an association. Art festivals and cinema screenings are held there.