The Kalen Gate is one of the four gates of the fortification that surrounded the town of Malchin. It is the best preserved gate of the Malchin town fortification.
The building is a richly structured Gothic brick building from the 15th century with a monopitch roof and partially glazed tiles. It was built as a double gate. In 1837 the partial demolition began. Thus, the main gate was demolished in order to achieve an elevation of the passage. Until the 19th century it was used as a prison and already in 1900 it was restored. Today, the Kalen Gate is one of the significant sights of the city.