The St. John's Church Groß Eichsen is located at the Groß Eichsen Lake.
The Johanniter church in Groß Eichsen is worth a visit. Its location is remarkable: it lies on the western side of the Stepenitz River, which has cut a deep, densely overgrown valley into the landscape, where it is wonderful to hike. In 1200, the parish of Eichsen was donated to the Order of Knights of St. John by the Counts of Schwerin. A branch of the Order of Knights was established and built this impressive church. In addition to its architectural-historical value, the church is distinguished by its exceptionally good acoustics. The church houses one of the oldest and most beautiful-sounding baroque organs in the entire North and Baltic Sea region (built by Hans Hantelmann in 1723) and a baroque altar from 1698, both of which have been extensively restored in recent years.