Coming from the mainland, the island church in Kirchdorf can be seen from afar - a massive brick building in the Romanesque-Gothic architectural style from the 13th century with a 47 m high tower. Striking about it, the eight-sided spire, popularly known as the Bischoffsmütze, because of its resemblance to one. In addition to church services, the church is available for tours, guided tours and concerts.
The island church, built in the first half of the 13th century and visible from afar, bears witness to the eventful history of the island of Poel. Built in the Romanesque-Gothic style, the brick church with its 47-meter-high tower is Poel's landmark, visible from afar. In addition to church services, the island church is available for guided tours and visits, but also for numerous concerts, during which not only the old organ can be heard.
The sacral building, extended in the 15th century, stands in the northern part of the ramparts, the southern and star-shaped ring of which enclosed the Pole fortress. The old castle was destroyed in 1632. Only the ramparts remained and today form the enclosure for Pole's open-air stage - the "Schlosswall".