With the foundation of the local history society Gnoien in 1993, the wish to establish a small local history room for our town was also connected.
At the founding meeting, a working group on this topic was immediately formed. Thanks to the tireless work of the master tailor Alfred Brehm, it was possible to open a local history room in 1995, the year of Mecklenburg's 1000th anniversary. Much could be collected since then and is thus saved from oblivion. Inhabitants of Gnoien but also in the stranger living Gnoiener let the fund of the Heimatstube grow constantly. Each piece is gratefully accepted, also as a loan.
- Many interesting exhibits can be discovered, e.g. the Russian dancing boots from the 1930s by Theodor Erbler, various hairdresser's utensils, old hand tools, old pictures and much more.
- Since the move to the larger premises, special exhibitions can be shown at regular intervals.
- In addition to children's books and toys, linen and handicrafts, there has also been an exhibition about woodworking craftsmen and the newspaper business in our town.
- Exhibition "Gnoien-Life around 1900" - living and lifestyle from past times
- Exhibition "Traditional Crafts / Forgotten Crafts
About 4,000 visitors have visited the Heimatstube so far. Many guests come from the old federal states (former Gnoien residents). Even from the USA visitors came on the traces of their ancestors. This can all be read in the guest book.
- Low season: every 1st Saturday of the month 14-16 hrs.
- High season: every Saturday 14-16 o'clock
- or you can call us at 03997112564 or 01744190619 ... If possible, we will come immediately.
- or by prior arrangement