Friesians and other horses directly at the Keezer Lake - experience a very special variety of horses. Treat yourself to some time off, take part in training courses and enjoy your vacation or excursion at Gut Häven with homemade ice cream and a cup of coffee.
Already in 1569, at the time of Johann Albrecht, there were Friesian horses on the Häven estate, directly on Keezer Lake, in the middle of the Sternberg lake landscape. According to the classical principles you will learn riding on Friesians and other horses, but also ground work.
Our Friesians, suitable for beginners and advanced riders, are characterized by their gentle character, their luxuriant hangings and black color, their ground-covering gaits and their luxurious appearance.
Take in the ambience of the listed buildings during a tour of the farm and enjoy homemade pastries or our homemade ice cream with a coffee after your riding lessons. On the in-house bathing jetty, especially non-riders can find peace, take a bath or simply let the view wander.
To the service offer belong:
- individual riding vacations with camping and hay hotel or the mediation of vacation apartments,
- the organization of training courses,
- riding and correction,
- consulting in all questions around the horse,
- Rehabilitation for horses,
- boarding horses in well-kept open stables
- sale of equestrian articles
The following services around the horse are offered:
- Beginners, late entrants and / or re-entrants, but also the experienced rider for years are welcome and get a detailed seat correction
- Individual lessons from the beginner to the re-starter, anxious rider to the dressage rider who wants to practice side gaits and piaffe
- Children's riding vacations with a maximum of 6 children, from 6 years of age for one week, including meals and two training sessions per day; supervisors available, night hike, barbecue, swimming in the directly adjacent lake and overnight stay in the hay.
- Training courses with own horse/school horse (including their accommodation and food) on the topics: Horsemanship, lunging, advanced riding, seat training, circus lessons and saddle check.
- Trail riding station with accommodation and care for horse and rider by arrangement and help with route planning
- gymnastic ground work on the lunge, confidence building work, horsemanship, free work in the roundpen, circus lessons, preparation for licensing as work with the horses from the ground
- Special achievements:
- Blind riding students are welcome, very well-behaved horses that allow independent grooming and a mounting aid are available
- Guests with the greatest fear of animals are gladly helped to overcome these fears.
- Several school horses from 1.40m to 1.80m of various breeds, preferably Friesians and Spaniards
- Weimaraner dogs as further farm animals
- Roundpen with sandy ground and wood chips mixed as well as a sturdy, high wooden fence.
- Riding arena 20m x 40m with lake view in a quiet atmosphere, sand/wood chips mixture, pole material and letters for the dressage area
guest horses welcome:
- Mobile boxes made of sturdy panels and strewn with straw, number by arrangement.
- Guest horse pastures with electric fence and water supply
- Guest horse paddock on sand with electric fence and water supply
- Guest horse feed with hay full, pasture after arrangement, 2 x daily mucking out, it is watered by hand, muesli and oats as needed.
Riding and driving paths:
- Häven is nestled in the hilly landscape of the Sternberg Lake District Nature Park and is surrounded by fields on the edge of Lake Keezer. You can reach our farm easily on country and field roads. The roads are only lightly used by cars. You can ride or drive directly from the farm into the countryside; Gut Häven will be happy to help you find the right route.
Arrival and departure
- Pick up is possible from the train station Blankenberg; near Warin