The nature village Eickhof is an idyllic spot in the heart of Mecklenburg, located directly on the Warnow River. On almost 6 hectares of nature village there is a lot of space and in the outdoor area with volleyball field, playground, campfire sites and wood oven also a lot to discover. You can even find a trail riding station for riders with their own horse here.
In the middle of the Sternberg Lake District Nature Park, directly on the Warnow River, lies the nature village with its trail riding station. There are overnight accommodations on the campground, in bungalows, in a hay hotel, hostel and in apartments. For camping, there are two water hiking rest areas directly on the Warnow River and a large campground behind the administration and sanitary building. The latter is very suitable for large groups and tent camps due to its spaciousness, but is also popular with individual travelers. There is a power post, a water tap and a shelter with seating.
Canoes for tours on the Warnow River and white-water kayaks for trying out the white-water course at the nature village can be rented on site.
You can stay overnight in the hay hotel or in a rustic double room in horse stall style . For a longer vacation with a horse, two well-equipped vacation bungalows are available. Your horses are accommodated on fenced (E-fence) pastures. We will gladly provide you with additional hay and oats. Dogs are welcome.
Our horses are accommodated in an exercise stable. A 20 x 40 m riding arena and a small exercise hall are available. From the farm there are many unpaved, old country roads on which you can discover the untouched nature. We are trail riders ourselves and love to ride in our beautiful nature park.
The following services are offered:
- Trail riding: Trail riding station for guests with their own horse
farm infrastructure and guest horses welcome:
- a riding arena with the dimensions 20 x 40 m and sand surface
- 3 guest horse pastures á 5.000 sqm and E-fence fencing for 5,- €/day
- additional feed for guest horses to the pasture with hay and oats possible, water trough
- official riding & driving trails: numerous unpaved country roads, from one to four hours
How to get there:
- Via the A20 to the Bützow exit, L11 or A 19 exit Güstrow, B104.
Special features on the farm:
- Pets are welcome
- Observation of kingfishers, beavers and sea eagles from the canoe