Fire department museum Teterow - fire department history in the old fire engine house
In the historic mill district in the immediate vicinity of the town mill is the old fire station. It dates back to 1896 and served as the home of the volunteer fire department in Teterow, which was founded in 1868, for more than 7 decades. After a heavy autumn storm in 1964, the hose tower tilted dangerously, so that it had to be demolished to maintain safety. Thus the building had lost an important functional part. With the growing range of tasks of the fire department, the old fire hose house proved to be unsuitable. On the occasion of the 100th anniversary in 1968, the firefighters had reason to rejoice. The new fire station was handed over, the old one was used by the city from then on. In the course of the restoration of the mill district, the municipality began in February 1997 with the restoration of the fire station and the reconstruction of the hose tower. Already on August 14, the completed building could be handed over to the comrades of the fire department. They immediately began to set up a small but fine fire department historical exhibition. In 1999, the reconstruction of the outbuilding was also completed. An appealingly designed fire department museum was created on a large area. There is a lot to see here. From information about the development of the fire department in Teterow to old extinguishing technology and fire engines. A visit is worthwhile.
Opening hours: only by appointment under Tel.0174 1650046 and from the beginning of June to the beginning of September Saturdays 14 to 17 o'clock.