In the heart of the Island of Rügen, between Lake Tetzitz and the Neuendorfer Wiek, lies Tribbevitz.
The estate, which was already mentioned in a document in 1315, was owned by the Rügen noble family von Normann for more than 500 years until it was sold to Herr von Hagemeister in the middle of the 19th century. After 1892 the owners changed more frequently, so at the beginning of the 19th century Ernst Nehls was the owner for a short time, later Rittmeister Heino Eggers, who passed the estate on to a namesake. The latter was expropriated in 1945. In the years that followed, the three-winged manor house in the neo-Gothic style, which probably took on its present form in the mid-19th century, served primarily residential purposes. Sold in the late 1990s, the building was subsequently reconstructed. In May 2002, the country hotel "Gut Tribbevitz" opened with guest rooms, restaurant and a terrace overlooking the park. The old smithy right next to the main house was converted into a fitness and sauna wing, and the former barn houses a conference room and a spacious library. In addition to the hotel business, a horse farm with modern stables and a riding facility was established.