The County Agricultural Museum in Dorf Mecklenburg offers many opportunities to engage directly with the West Mecklenburg region. The permanent exhibition, which was completely redesigned in 2011, takes up the recent history of rural development.
The museum is located in Dorf Mecklenburg. This is where the Slavic castle once stood, which gave the village and eventually the country its name. Large-scale technology can be seen in the spacious open-air exhibition. The museum hall houses a permanent exhibition and special exhibitions, a service area and sanitary facilities. A tour leads the guest through regional history from 1820 (abolition of serfdom in the Duchy of Mecklenburg) to the recent past.