The village church of Neuburg, which is part of the Lutheran parish of Neuburg in the district of Nordwestmecklenburg, is a brick building. It was first mentioned in a document in 1219. The architectural style, which reflects the transition from Romanesque to Gothic, indicates that the building was constructed at the beginning of the 13th century. In 1361 the construction of the square tower was completed. The Baroque altar and pulpit date from the beginning of the 18th century. Extensive restoration work took place in the 70s and 80s of the 20th century. The tower was re-roofed in 1992.
The church is open from May to September from about 10 am to 4 pm. The key is otherwise available at the bakery next door or at the rectory.