As a rule, every village church in Mecklenburg has at least one special feature. In Lichtenberg, this one is even musical.
This village church from the 14th century was built as a plastered fieldstone building. It is a fieldstone ashlar building typical for the region and time with west tower basement and boarded upper floor. The church is surrounded by a churchyard and a rock and brick wall. The organist in Lichtenberg, however, has access to a masterpiece of organ building. The church has a Grüneberg organ from 1902. The legendary organ-building family from Stettin equipped many Mecklenburg and Pomeranian churches with their high-quality instruments.