St. Catherine's Altar Church Leplow is a church building dating from the 13th century in the district of Leplow in the municipality of Eixen in Western Pomerania.
Leplow is one of the villages in our region that already existed in Wendish times. The fieldstone church with the name of St. Catharina is believed to have been built in the second half of the 13th century as a daughter church of Tribsees. From 1293 it belonged to the monastery of Neuenkamp, today Franzburg. Because the parish priest was starving in the second half of the 16th century, the parish was dissolved. In 1687 the church was devastated and the entire interior decoration was lost. The meager interior decoration dates back to the 19th century. In the second third of the 20th century the church was abandoned by the regional church. The organ was demolished. So were the sacristy and the half-timbered church tower.
But the parish and the people of Leplow did not give up their church. And so, to this day, at the end of the village stands a beautiful church, renovated through job creation measures, with amazing acoustics. The pews were rebuilt, everything else was renovated, the roof and masonry were restored and the churchyard with the fieldstone wall typical for our area was put in order.