Langenhanshagen Church is a late Gothic church building from the first half of the 14th century.
This little church without a tower is from the Gothic period and currently has no visible structural damage. What one notices only later is the picture-perfect choir. The fact that the church looks so beautiful is due to extensive repair work carried out between 1992 and 2003, after it was to be demolished at the insistence of the state authorities in GDR times. Fortunately, committed parishioners were able to prevent this.
The church dates back to the first half of the 14th century. The well-kept fieldstone wall is complete and pretty to look at. The altar (made around 1500) was first removed from storage, then cleaned and is currently located in the gallery of the church. It currently represents the only "piece of furniture". Important stained glass windows have been moved to museums. The organ by Barnim Grüneberg from Stettin, built in 1879, can be admired in the organ museum in Malchow. The whereabouts of the original pews are not known. Due to the lack of "furniture" and the special atmosphere, the church is occasionally used as an exhibition church and artists' church during the summer months. On the fourth of Advent in the church in Langenhanshagen traditionally takes place the so-called "service of lights". This means that choirs from the surrounding area sing together in a "different service". Overall, there is a strong volunteer commitment to the Langenhanshagen church.
Telephone registration for tours under 038225 30377 (Werner Thimjahn).