The Juergenstorf church is easily visible from all roads leading into the village and cannot be missed.
The Gothic church in Jürgenstorf was built in the 14th century. After the 30-year war only a part of the tower remained. Around 1700 the church was rebuilt and restored in 2006. The church is a rectangular half-timbered building with a west tower and a pent roof. In the interior of the church there is a vestibule, which contains the former patronage lodge. Today this part is used as a winter church. Particularly impressive is the altar and the altarpiece, which depicts the crucifixion of Jesus. The two wings show the apostles. The construction of the altar shrine, which is rather unusual for Mecklenburg, and the box wings suggest that it was made in the Oberbruch area (Frankfurt/Oder). To the left is the pulpit from the early 18th century. The four evangelists are immortalized on the pulpit. In the bell tower, which can be reached by a separate stairway, there are two medieval bells.
On the church grounds there is also the cemetery of the parish. Here you can find the resting place of the former estate administrator J.F. Schecker, who served the Low German writer Fritz Reuter as a model for his famous novel character "Unkel Bräsig".
Guided tours of the Jürgenstorf church are possible by prior arrangement by telephone. Please contact Heidelore Köhler at 039955 20782 or 0162 9894557.