The village church of Ahrenhagen is a 13th century village church in the district of Ahrenshagen in the municipality of Ahrenshagen-Daskow in Western Pomerania.
The church was built in the second half of the 13th century. Ahrenshagen was an important market town at that time. The oldest part of the church is the choir. The current nave was added in the 14th century. With a current height of only a little over 10 meters, the tower has a huge basement and used to be much higher. Today the church makes a squat and cozy impression.
The bricks used, at least in the upper part, give the impression of having been used to patch up a fieldstone ruin. It is true that in very early times, window surrounds in the fieldstone masonry were made of brick. However, the large east window is certainly not original. The supporting pillar was built in 1752 to secure the vault.
A brief visit to the attic reveals a dated beam. Although the roof truss has been changed several times and this until recent times, very old beam material has been preserved. During the Swedish - Brandenburg war (from1675) the church suffered damage and therefore got a new roof truss in 1688. In recent years, the church has been subjected to extensive structural safety work, but not all of the work has been completed yet.
Guided tours by appointment by phone 038225 61832 (Michael Reimer).