In the Evangelical Lutheran Parish of Basse (Rostock County) are the villages: Basse (church), Duckwitz, Gottesgabe, Lühburg, Nustrow, Repnitz, Samow, Strietfeld and Woltow. The parish of Basse (parish seat) is connected with the parish of Walkendorf and the parish of Behren-Lübchin.
In older writings the place was called Basseuitze and was mentioned for the first time in 1364. The Moltkes are stated in this time and they were certainly the builders of the church built in Gothic style. But also the von Bassewitzes had possessions here in early times. Probably this fact may have contributed to the place name. In 1427 the von Bassewitz and von Barnefuer (Bernefuer) families are listed as owners. From 1783 to 1858 the owners changed frequently.
At the end of the 13th century the church building was started. The three-nave brick building without a tower ends in the east with a fieldstone choir. The inventory of the church includes, among other things, the stately pews of the Bassewitz and Behr family. The wooden altar with three paintings dates from 1729. Other furnishings include a wooden pulpit (1709), a plain gallery from 1772 and a lavish patronal gallery from 1711, an epitaph of Victor von Bassewitz and five old grave slabs. The grave slab of Gherd Bassewitz (1391), considered the progenitor of the Mecklenburg von Bassewitz lines, lies in front of the altar.
Building style/structure: Brick, fieldstone
Ruling pews: A special feature of this church are the ruling pews, which are decorated with writings and coats of arms of the von Bassewitz, von Behr, von Hahn and other ruling families.
Rectory: The one-story rectory is located behind the church and is built in neo-Gothic style.