As small as it is, one could almost overlook the chapel at Moraas. Its peculiarities are discovered at second glance. Actually, it consists of two buildings - the chapel room, which was actually built in the 70s, and a wooden bell tower, which was built at the beginning of the 19th century and in whose pews rings a bell from the 14th century.
Although the farming village of Moraas has existed since the 13th century, for a long time there is no record of a church for the small village in the Griesen area. It was not until 1817 that a new cemetery was established in the village and a small wooden tower with a brick building was erected on a very small footprint. It served as a bell tower. The wooden cladding of the turret is still made of the original oak wood treated with coal tar oil. The completely preserved bronze bell from the 14th century weighs 110 kg and is rung by hand. In 1969 the chapel room was added to the old bell tower and a few years later it was rebuilt. In 2003 the chapel was renovated and the two parts of the building were harmonized. The interior is kept simple and modern. The center of the room is an altarpiece created by an artist from the neighboring village of Picher.