Schmarsow Castle was built in 1697/98 and is one of the oldest buildings in the region. 4 vacation apartments (12 beds) and the social rooms in the castle as well as the Kavaliershaus (7 beds) are offered. The gardens are also available for guests.
Schmarsow Castle is located in the middle of the village of the same name in Western Pomerania, about fifty kilometers south of Stralsund. The stately manor house was built at the end of the 17th century as a two-story, three-wing complex under Philipp von Parsenow. It impresses with its balanced proportions, thick walls, high rooms, creaking floorboards and plenty of space.
It's like diving into a different time - not yet so overwrought and overheated. The tranquility of the garden with its old trees is beguiling. Arcadian to read a book here under apple trees and let the hours pass. South of the village one discovers hiking trails through fields and forests, as well as through the floodplains of the river Tollense. The west wing of the castle is reserved for vacation guests. Here, in the extensively renovated roomsт are the vacation apartments - especially for visitors who want to spend their vacation away from the big tourist crowds. The apartments in the castle with a view of the castle pond are suitable for families and couples wnderbar.
Close to the castle is the Kavaliershaus for up to 7 people. Especially children enjoy the sheep in the paddock and the peacocks in the castle garden.At regular intervals Erwin Seitz invites to cooking courses of the nature-oriented cuisine in the castle kitchen.