Always partners at the slaughtering day at the Thünengut in Tellow
Schlieffenberger Schlachterei & Fleischerei Becker - also in the Lalendorf store to taste
Master butcher Alfred Becker has dressed up in a manner befitting his rank: White boots, waterproof apron, blue and white shirt, headgear, a selection of different special knives within reach. The 57-year-old is one of the few still active house butchers in MV.
In the run-up to Christmas, the country butcher's store in Schlieffenberg near Teterow (Rostock district) is bustling with activity, and home slaughtering has had its own rituals for generations. "When the pig is on the hook, the first thing to do is to pour" is an old saying. High-proof was part of the slaughtering, also later at the feast for all involved. Traditionally, corrugated meat, coarse bread and köm were served. The last sip was taken shortly before the house butcher left the farm. The trained farmer set up his own country butchery on his property over 20 years ago. In this way, the family tradition of the home butchery, which grandfather and father once ran as a sideline, is being continued. Customers bring their own animals and hours later everything goes back professionally cut up.
For the stores of the country butchery in Schlieffenberg and Lalendorf, beef and pork are
- Beef and pork are cut up or
- processed into a wide range of sausages, sausage links and ham.
- A daily snack offer tempts to try and come back again
- Plate service
Store butcher Matthias Becker:
- Schlieffenberger Dorfstr. 18 in Lalendorf OT Schlieffenberg
- To the old village 3, 18279 Lalendorf
- Schliefenberg: Tue-Fri 9am-12:30am & 2pm-5pm, Sat 8am-11:30am.
- Lalendorf: Mon 9am-1pm, Tues-Fri 8am-5pm, Sat 6.30am-11pm