The single-storey Baroque plaster building with 15 axes and extended mansard roof was completed in 1777.
Adam von Blücher had the castle built in 1777. The magnificent 3-axis central risalite extends over two floors and ends with a high lunette gable, on each of which are heraldic cartouches. The v. Blücher and v. Maltzahn families alternated in the ownership of Gützkow. Inside there is a very beautiful restored two-winged staircase with restored rococo ornaments on the ceilings. Behind the house there is a baroque garden.
After a period of vacancy, Helmuth von Maltzahn, a descendant of the former lord of the castle is now the owner. He wants to have the entire complex with the five-hectare park faithfully restored. The former cowshed has been turned into a concert hall. On August 18, 2001, the first concert as part of the Mecklenburg-Vorpommern Festival took place in the castle park. Alleys, ponds and old fieldstone wall have already been restored.