On-site service for requesting access to Stasi files
Staff members of the Rostock Stasi Archives answer questions on topics such as:
- Filing applications (including repeat applications)
- Inspecting Stasi files
- Issuing copies
- Decoding the aliases of unofficial collaborators (IM)
- Anonymization (redaction)
- Filing applications as close relatives of deceased persons
- Educational offers
- Applications for research and media
Applications for personal inspection of Stasi files can be made directly on site. Please bring a valid identity document for confirmation of identity.
Consultation is free of charge.
The current standard requirements for infection control apply.