The twin windmills Neu Vorwerk represent a unique technical monument. The two Dutch windmills standing close to each other form a landmark of our country.
Situated in Mecklenburg Switzerland, you have a fantastic view into the vastness of the landscape. Cranes breed here, eagles draw their circles.
Its very origin makes it special. The small earthen holland was built in 1849, as in the Prussian castle Sanssouci as an ornament from the window of the manor house to see the windmill.
The large gallery follower represents even with year of construction 1949 the last windmill new building for the commercial milling in Germany!!! Until 1991 in operation it belongs today to the very few windmills in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern with completely preserved technology.
As a major goal, the mills are being restored as a functioning technical monument, and the blades at the Great Mill are to turn again on a regular basis at a later date. This will enable future generations to experience how grain is turned into flour with the help of the environmentally friendly natural power of the wind.
Even if the mill plant is at present still in renovation, it can be visited already today:
>>>> Mill Day, Whit Monday
>>>> Monument Day, 2nd weekend in September
If you want to visit the mill on another date or even support this project, just contact me. I will gladly show you around.
Small mill >die Lütte<
- Year of construction: 1849
- Type of building: Erdholländer
- Mill builder: unknown (all documents with the archive of the von Oertzen family destroyed in 1945)
- Technique: almost last mill of the country with wooden classical drive!!! Equipment with 3 grinding gears and with primitive top drive as well as sail wings and star twist of the cap (former)
- Height : 12,75 m
- Wings : 22,00 m (former)
Big mill >the big one<
- Year of construction : 1949
- Type of construction : single-storey gallery bollard (gallery currently down)
- Mill builder : Mühlenbaufirma O.M. Hofwolt, Rostock (clearest mill builder in Northern Germany, later: Mühlenbau F. Dohr, Teterow)
- Technique: one of the most modern windmills of the country !!! Equipment with grinding gears, roller mills, with modern underdrive, iron gears, louvered blades and wind rose
- height: 17,75 m
- Wings: 22,00 m (former)