An "island" in the middle of the forest - that is our family-run farm with the osprey as a neighbor. Enjoy a relaxing time in our vacation homes and the extensive riding trails on horseback directly from the farm to the eastern shore of Lake Plauer See.
In November 2011 we, Olaf & Isabel Schwahn took over our small farm in the Mecklenburg Lake District. There we live now together with our daughters Paula and Rosa and a few horses, sheep and cattle, dogs and cats; rabbits and guinea pigs; chickens and countless smoke and meal swallows. If you spend your vacation with us, you will be immersed in the adventure of nature.
Watch in the rhythm of the seasons as the anemone breaks open, the young ospreys fledge on the eyrie of the horse paddock or the stag goes on a mating season - then is the time to let your soul dangle. Our 13 forest cabins for up to four people each are also available for this purpose. Each of the approximately 35 square meter cottages offers a fully equipped kitchenette, one to two bedrooms, a living room with satellite TV, a bathroom with shower and toilet and an adjacent green area with seating and parking. Since August 2015, our approx. 45 sqm vacation apartment allows accessible holidays for people with impairments. Pets are allowed.
When the first night is over and you step out of the vacation home, you are already greeted by our 18 horses on the pastures surrounding the farm. Together we will get the horses from the pasture, groom, saddle and feed them. Afterwards we offer pony rides, guided horseback rides, and creemer rides into the extensive forest landscape all the way to the eastern shore of Lake Plauer.
After the horse lesson, try our breakfast basket with farm products from the farm store and in the evening the delicious game sausage from the grill. You will learn everything about forest, game and hunting during a forest expedition with the forest yard forester and during a cozy chat around the campfire with stick bread. Restaurants, swimming and shopping facilities can be found within a radius of 5 km. We offer transportation and pick-up from/to the train station or to nearest shopping facilities by arrangement. You can also use the Kremser line Bruchmühle-Zislow. We wish all our guests a relaxing, pleasant and above all unforgettable time at Waldhof Bruchmühle!
On our farm there is a 25 x 50 m riding arena with sandy ground. There are many riding trails in our area. Directly from the farm there are 5 cross-country routes within a radius of 30 km, which are connected to the regional network of bridle paths and lead mainly over forest and sandy paths. Within a radius of 6 km there are 3 cross-country routes with a duration of 1-2 hours, mainly forest and sand paths or natural paths without traffic. Other special features include horseback riding and swimming in the lake, as well as the extensive bridle paths in the forest. Sufficient signposts are available. There is a trail riding station 7 km away. You will find a small farm store, farm café and farm bar with restaurant at the Waldhof. Further possibilities for eating and drinking are available at a distance of 5 km (especially for riders and horses on request). For guest horses are 2 guest horse pastures and another pension paddock, which can be additionally separated and used from wood / iron / electricity for 10 € per day available. As feed hay and self watering are offered.
The riding lessons are carried out by an experienced rider. Haflinger and Shetland ponies with a stick size of 120 to 145 cm are available for this purpose.
The following services are offered:
- half an hour of individual lessons on the lunge for "everyone".
- half day rides up to five hours with food & stay at the lake
- Work from the ground: Trust - I lead a horse! An offer for young and old; learn/ consolidate the handling of the horse & lead your partner in the riding arena, various skill exercises on the horse are performed; trust-building work to strengthen the relationship
- one or more hour Kremser rides up to max. 16 persons, for families, on the occasion of a company outing or a wedding
- Special services: individual offers according to your wishes, e.g. guided single ride or accompaniment of a riding beginner by foot/bicycle or get-to-know program with a kindergarten group
- Stories about the animals of the forest
- campfire and stick bread
- Painting horses
- 10 rental horses and 2 foals, stock size (1.10m to 1.45m), Haflinger and (Shetland) pony
- other farm animals: some cats, rabbits and guinea pigs to pet and feed, about 10 chickens and 2 hunting dogs (German quail dog)
- Riding arena with dimensions 25x50m and sandy ground.
- Lessons given by experienced riders who have known the farm and horses for many years
- Special features: one accessible vacation apartment, pets allowed, catering available on request, restaurants, bathing and shopping facilities within a radius of 5 km
- farm store on site
Guest horses welcome:
- 2 guest horse pastures and an additional separable pension paddock made of wood/ iron/ electricity, 10 €/ day.
- hay, feeding according to demand, self-drinking trough
Riding and driving trails:
- 5 cross-country routes south & west directly from the farm, approx. 30 km in radius, connection to the regional bridle path network, mainly forest and sand paths, special features such as riding & bathing with horse in thelake as well as extensive bridle paths in the forest, signposting available, trail riding station in 7 km distance, farm café & farm bar with restaurant on the forest farm, drinks & food from 5 km distance (especially for rider & horse on request)
- additionally 3 cross-country routes, 6 km around the farm, approx. one to two hours, mainly forest and sand paths, natural paths without traffic
Arrival and departure:
- Transportation or pick-up from/to the train station or to nearest shopping facilities possible by arrangement
- Kremser line Bruchmühle - Zislow
- Breakfast basket
- regional products
- Bicycle rental (also possible for groups)
- Forest educational offers (also for groups)