Thelkow village church is a fieldstone building from the middle of the 13th century, the transition period from Romanesque to Gothic architectural style.
The building was erected from about 1260 to 1280 in field and partly brick. The church consists of the square choir, a two-bay nave and the north sacristy. Some brick was also used in the sturdy pillars on the west side, in the west gable and in the dome of the chancel. Worth seeing is the richly articulated south portal with multiple stepped vaults. The choir gable was renewed in the post-medieval period.
In the interior of the western nave bay we do not find any vault anymore. However, we can clearly see the rudiments on which the dome was once built. Today, a flat wooden ceiling forms the upper finish. The ribs of the choir vault are decorated with star rosettes, and the intersection with a beautiful God's Lamb keystone.