The village church Kölzow is one of the most beautiful and also oldest fieldstone churches in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern. The construction of the village church Kölzow was started in 1205 by order of the local locator family von der Lühe, who also held the church patronage during the time of their ownership of the Kölzow estate.
The village church is an evenly walled rectangular fieldstone building. On both sides of the nave there are three narrow pointed-arched windows, on the chancel sides there are two round-arched windows and in the east wall there is a group of three windows. On the south side there is the round-arched priest's doorway with set round bars and a rolling layer of bricks.
The indented square choir, which is on the same level with the nave, has a domical vault, a quailed helmet vault. The wooden beam ceiling was replaced by a barrel vault in 1736. The choir and the nave are separated from each other by a triumphal arch in the form of a pointed arch. The choir, as the oldest part of the church, is masonry. The outer edges were accurately executed with granite house stones. The square west tower, with a fieldstone basement from the 15th century and a half-timbered addition with brick masonry, has a four-sided spire covered with wooden shingles.
In the 1970s, the tower, the roof truss and the roof were thoroughly renovated. During the interior restoration carried out from 1983, wall paintings of the 13th century were uncovered in 1988. After reunification, the church has been undergoing fundamental renovation in several sections since 2007.